I'm sure everyone and their Mama watched the 2011 BET Awards last night I sure did. I really loved Kevin Hart as the guest he was really funny and no one was safe like he said. I hope that he will host again last year because he kept me very entertained.I absolutely loved his "Househusbands of Hollywood" skit especially when Tami Roman came out as his girlfriend. The Mariah tattoo on his back had me crying laughing. The show this year was pretty good compared to the previous years. Now, didn't I post about a month ago that its Kelly Rowland's time to shine did she not prove herself last night or what? I'm not a big fan on the song but she murdered her performance. She was giving us the look from Janet Jackson " I Get So Lonely" video and I must say she was looking sexy. I loved the big black floppy hat, the sheer shirt and black tie. I really liked a couple of the performances last night but Kelly was the best to me. I enjoyed Jill Scott, Ledisi, Chris Brown and of course Rick Ross. Here are my picks for the good and bad looks from the awards:
Jill Scott is gracing the cover of July's Billboard Magazine and looking gorgeous doing so. She just dropped her 4th full studio album this past Tuesday entitled, The Light of the Sun. I downloaded this CD and it doesn't disappoint it reminds me of her first CD. I can definitely listen it to from beginning to end but I'm a dead hard stan for Jilly. She had a mini concert on 106 & Park yesterday, she sang a couple of new songs and some of the fans favorites. She has always had confidence but now that she's a mother and lost weight you cant tell her nothing. I love her new haircut and the makeup is simple and flawless. While typing this I forgot that I still haven't purchased tickets for my hubby and I to see her on August 7th.
Not only am I a huge fan of her music but I love her style all together. I remember when she first came out I loved her cute short haircut and her first CD stays in heavy rotation on my Ipod. Her style has evolved over the years and now that she's a mother and a wife it just keeps getting better. So here are a few of my favorite looks from my makeup crush of the week: Monica.
Chanel Iman looked amazing at the amfAR Inspiration Gala at the Museum of Modern Art last night. I love her makeup the dramatic black smokey eye with the nude lip is one of my favorite looks. She wore a red gown with a mean split on the left side with a pair of fierce strappy gold heels and purse. Her look was simple but gorgeous at the same time, she get two thumps up from me.
The Braxtons sisters recently did a photoshoot for Vibe Magazine without their sister Toni. The sisters were photographed in a different swimsuits paired with designer shoes. Toni was probably somewhere preparing for her Playboy photoshoot lol. I think this was a great way for them to step out of the shadow of the superstar of the family, Toni. I like the pics I think the ladies look great and their makeup is done right for a change. Speaking of the Braxtons, the season finale comes on tonight and I cant wait to see what kind of foolishness Papa Braxton is going to bring.
Miss Tamar just had to put her hand in her head trying to be sexy lol.
So I was bored today so I decided to play with my Naked Palette by Urban Decay. I love how the look turned out its a simple look for daytime and I easily step it up for a night time look. My picture quality isn't the greatest thanks IPhone 4. I hope you like the look as much as I do.
I used Half Baked on my inner lid and Smog on my outer lid. I used Darkhouse for my crease, Creep for my outer v and Virgin as my highlight. I used Raizin Blush my MAC on my cheeks and Buxom Lipgloss in Sugar on my lips. The Buxom Lipgloss is known for lip plumping in case youre wondering why my lips look so full.
I've done alot of shopping for clothes, shoes and makeup over the last couple of weeks. So, today Im going to share a few of the favorites items from my shopping binge.
When I saw this shirt I had to have it I felt like it was calling my name lol. All of the things that I love are on the shirt, so I didn't mind paying $25 for it. I'm a huge lover of red lipstick so to have it on a black shirt covered with embellishments was awesome. Did you notice that it says "No. 1 Love"? that really made me smile because I really do love makeup alot in case you didn't notice lol. It brings the sexiness factor because it hangs on the shoulder, this is the best shirt ever.
Do I need to say anything about my love for all things leopard lol? My coworker sent me a email the other day about this website called www.justfab.com. She knows how much I love leopard print so she told me that they had a cute pair of sandals that I should check out. Low and behold it was the cuties that are pictured above and I had to have them. Just Fab is very similar to Shoe Dazzle you are sent a showroom of different shoes monthly that you're allowed to purchase for only $39.95. Since it was my first purchase they gave me a discount of 50% off so I only paid $20 for them. The shipping was really fast and they included the cutest shoe bag.
I'm known for shopping on my lunch break so I decided to run to Marshalls to see what they had one day. I'm browsing the shoe aisle first as usual and I came these Jessica Simpson Leopard print slingbacks in the clearance section for $40. I hesitated at first, walked around the store looking at clothes and finally broke down and purchased them. I kept saying that these shoes were going to end up in the stack of shoes that I never wore but that didn't happen. I actually wore them over the weekend and they were so comfortable.
Ive been checking out a couple of blogs that I follow and I noticed their post about how they store their makeup. So, I decided to share my temporary makeup storage system with you. I'm looking for something tall and wide with shelves for my makeup, hopefully I will find it soon.
This isn't the best picture but you can get a idea lol. The first compartment is for my eyelashes, the second compartment is for my Wet n Wild and Sugarpill palettes. The third compartment on the left side is for my MAC eye shadows only (that foundation doesn't belong there lol). The fourth compartment to the right is for my NYX eye shadows only. The bottom compartment is for my Loreal HIP Eyeshadow Duos only.
The first compartment is for foundations and setting powders. The junky second compartment is for makeup wipes, extra makeup brushes, makeup wedges, and my Z Palette. The mini compartment is for my 88 Color Palette & Smokey Eye Palette from Coastal Scents and my ELF Beauty book. The last compartment is for my blushes only and a mixing dish.
This six drawer storage unit has all of the products that I use regularly. I keep this in the bathroom so I can easily access what I need. The first drawer is for my foundation, face primers, eyeshadow base and eyeshadow primers. The second drawer is for lipsticks its starting to overflow lol. The third drawer is for my lip glosses that's overflowing as well. The fourth drawer is for my mascaras and eyeliners. The fifth drawers is for my eyelash curler, eyelash glue, and my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils. The sixth drawer is my lip liners only.
I keep my brushes in a brush holder that I purchased online from ELF. I love it, I'm able to keep all of the brushes that I use all together. I have a mixture of brushes from different companies and all of them are important to me. As you tell from the picture I keep them in the bathroom also for easy access and that's where on my face most of the time.
Now that the weather has been hotter than fish grease its time to switch your game up ladies. I put together a list of tips and advice for summer time survival in the chocolate city. You are more than welcome to agree or disagree I'm just giving my view on how I roll lol.
1. SHAVE, SHAVE and SHAVE AGAIN: Please shave your legs, underarms, chin, and your pandora box lol. This should really be done year round but lets pay close attention to shaving during the summer. When its hot outside you tend to sweat and hair holds on to sweat and makes it smell funny. There's no reason why you should walk around trying to look cute with hair under your arms with white deodorant balls hanging on for dear life. Keep it shaved and smooth.
2. MOISTURIZE YOUR SEXY: Please be sure to put lotion, baby oil or vaseline on your body. I prefer to use Johnson's Baby Oil Gel with Shea Butter its the bomb.com. No one like to see ashy feet, elbows, arms or legs. Now that youre rocking a cure pair of sandals please put lotion on your entire foot paying special attention to your toes and heel area. You can be cute with ashy ass feet, where they do that at lls?
3. UNDERGARMENTS: This is such a huge deal to me because I see it everywhere I go. If you are going to wear light or white colors please make sure that you have on black undergarments. Do you really think its cute to wear white line pants with red boyshorts? No, Boo Boo it isnt you will look a hot ass mess. Invest in a different versions of black underwear so that you can pick and choose. If you are a little thick with it and you still want to wear tight fitting clothing do yourself a favor and invest in Spanx control top underwear. It will hold you down trust me.
4. Makeup: I don't feel the need to wear a full face of makeup during the summer months because I don't like the heavy foundation on my skin. During the warm months, I ditch the cream foundations and switch to a liquid or tinted moisturizer. Right now, I'm in love with MAC's Pro Long Wear Foundation and Hard Candy Tinted Moisturizer. Both of the products that I mentioned are very lightweight and gives me just enough coverage. Now is the time to wear bright, vibrant colors leave the dark, gloomy colors alone. Don't be scared to rock a bright, bold colorful eye and neutral lip or a bold lip and neutral eyes. Its time to change up your nail polish also go for something playful and eye catching. I love wearing pinks and oranges during the summer it looks so great with my skin tone.
5. Fashion: Lets start off with shoes, please make sure that they fit you. I hate seeing females wearing heels or sandals and their feet are hanging off the back or their toes are hanging off the front. That means that your shoes are too small and you need to step you shoe game up ASAP. I love wear cute dresses, jumpsuits and rompers during the heat I love to add fun fashionable accessories to make m y outfits stand out more. I have to finish my look off with a sexy pair of sunglasses, I buy mine from H& M or Forever 21.
I hope that you enjoyed my tips and advice!!!!!!!! BESOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im glad to report that one of my favorite artists is back with a new CD and just announced her tour dates. Yes Maam, Im talking about Jilly from Philly herself. I have seen her perform over 10 tens and it never gets old to me. She has so much positive energry and not to mention she can blow. I went to see her last year when she came to town with Maxwell and she showed out. She looked amazing and her voice was flawless as usual. Can you tell I'm a huge fan lol? Check her out if she hits your town you wont regret it. Jill's upcoming summer tour is being billed as a string of block parties and will feature special guests Anthony Hamilton, Mint Condition and Doug E. Fresh.
The tour begins July 28th in New York City and other dates are:
July 30: Detroit
July 31: Chicago
Aug. 3: Cleveland
Aug. 4: St. Louis
Aug. 6: Philadelphia
Aug. 7: Washington, DC
Aug. 10: Los Angeles
Aug. 14: Oakland
Aug. 17: Memphis
Aug. 19: Atlanta
Aug. 21: Virginia Beach
Aug. 23: Raleigh
Aug. 24: Charlotte
Aug. 27: Dallas
Aug. 28: Houston
Kelly Rowland recently did a photoshoot for London's "Wonderland" Magazine and she looked amazing. These are some of the best photos that Ive seen taken of her and you can feel her confidence oozing out. The photos are in black and white which makes them sexier than ever. I feel like she's finally ready to step up in the spotlight instead of taking the back seat to Bey. Her song "Motivation" is number one of the charts and the new remix that she did with R. Kelly is a banger. I'm so glad to see her getting her shine on she definitely has been working hard for it. She has also been so pretty to me even when Destiny's Child first came out. Keep doing your thing Ms. Rowland, this is a good look.